Our program is one of 14 Self-Management Programs across the Province of Ontario. We offer Self-Management training and workshops to participants, caregivers and health care professionals across the Central East Region. View an English map of the Central East Region. View a French map of the Central East Region.
Here in Central East, our program staff include: one Manager, four Coordinators, one Coordinator for Professional Education, and two Administrative Assistants.
To contact the team, please call our toll free line at 1-866-971-5545 or email us.
Our program is hosted and is funded by the Central East LHIN (Local Health Integration Network). We have approximately 150-200 volunteers on an ongoing basis that lead workshops and training sessions, all of who have taken and successfully completed all appropriate training and application processes.
Our current program offerings include:
- Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management Program workshops (in our region titled “Living a Healthy Life” workshops in Chronic Pain, Chronic Conditions and Diabetes)
- Graduate refresher sessions
- Getting the Most from your Health Care Appointment, a program developed by the South West Self-Management Program
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Choices and Changes: Motivating Healthy Behaviour
- Brief Action Planning
- Mentorship sessions including Motivational Interviewing workshop series and webinars
- Better Choices, Better Health®, an online Chronic Disease Self-Management Program for participants across Ontario. Access the online program or register now,
Our program has an Advisory Council. View the current list of members and their biographies.