Become A Volunteer Facilitator
Are you passionate about chronic disease self-management and have a desire to help other health care professionals learn self-management support skills?
The Central East LHIN Self-Management Program provides opportunities for health care professionals to participate in Choices and Changes: Motivating Healthy Behaviours and Brief Action Planning Facilitator Training Courses to learn how to co-lead these workshops. Interested health care professionals can apply to become a volunteer facilitator for these workshops to champion self-management support skills in the Central East LHIN.
Minimum Qualifications of Self-Management Facilitators:
- Possess an academic degree in a health related discipline and has clinical experience working in a health care environment
- Values learning and possesses group leadership and critical thinking skills
- Has extensive knowledge of self-management principles and strategies to support patients to self-manage
- Currently works or lives in the Central East LHIN region to support people with chronic conditions to self-manage
- Excellent presentation skills and has experience facilitating training workshops for health care professionals
- Demonstrates commitment and passion for chronic disease self-management
- Be available to facilitate at least 2 workshops per year within the Central East LHIN
- Works for a health organization that supports the candidate’s application to become a facilitator
Volunteer facilitators are provided with an honorarium to co-lead workshops.
Apply to Become a Facilitator
View information about Choices and Changes: Motivating Healthy Behaviours workshop from the Institute for Healthcare Communication
View information about Brief Action Planning workshops from Centre for Collaboration, Motivation and Innovation